Friday, February 26, 2016

Friday Favorites- Classic Blue And White



Friday Faves and Kitchen Project Update



Well we're into week….I don't know, I think week four of our kitchen project.  As I'm sure the DIYers out there know only to well, projects take more time than you anticipate, especially if you have to work!
Hubby and I have been putting in long hours at work so we only really have Saturday and part of Sundays to get things done.  Now I'll admit, I am a wee bit impatient…every room in the house is a mess due to the kitchen work zone and living in a mess drives me crazy!

The bead board ceiling and crown moulding is done for the most part, just a few paint touch ups to do.  The crown was a bear to install for hubby, I don't think we have a straight wall in the whole house! The cabinets are getting a facelift too with the leftover bead board, plus we're adding glass inserts to two full doors and the tops of two other doors.  I have one almost complete…the primer is drying as I'm writing this…I finally, after thirty plus years of living here, have a new fixture over my sink!  I also found an old fixture at a second hand store the perfect shape and size for over the table and I am giving it a makeover as well.  I got to use more power tools too, installing the bead board and trim on the cabinet doors!  I think I did a pretty good job on those mitered corners.


















Now, for my Friday Faves….Blue and white is such a classic color scheme!  Crisp and clean looking it works well in any design style or room!










 You can see all my Friday Faves on my Pintrest board along with the photo sources!
Thanks for stopping by!

Tina 





No comments:

Post a Comment