Friday, November 20, 2015

Illuminating Your Way…My Lighting Favorites

Friday Faves 


With the right lighting you can transform a room to any mood you desire. Table lamps, wall sconces and chandeliers, just to name a few, are like jewelry to a great outfit, or icing on the cake, while being a functional feature in a room. Lighting can be one of the easiest ways to update a room as well, and as long as fixtures are not being moved or added, can be a fairly simple DIY project for a homeowner with a medium skill level. 
My hubby is an electrician, so he cringes when he hears someone is working on their own electrical projects, so keep in mind changing a light fixture is not like changing out a lightbulb. You must follow all safety and code guidlines to ensure the project is done right.  When in doubt it's always better to hire a professional!

 Here I'll share some of my favorite lighting designs from some the finest lighting manufacturers on the planet! There are so many choices to consider in selecting lighting. Weather you need ceiling or wall mount, chandelier or pendant, semi or flush mount, hopefuly you will get some lighting inspiration for your special place.



Oversised Lantern Chandelier

This oversised lantern style chandelier really makes a statement! Used or antique ones can be found just about anywhere and can be retrofitted for any propose.

Architectural Digest
This honeycomb-like chandelier adds an interesting element to the Palm Beach home of fashion designer Josie Natori.

Blackband Design

I absolutely love this grouping of pendant lights over the table in this casual dining space. They evoke a  vintage hand blown glass feeling in this southern California home.

Blackband Design


Lee Broom
These ring pendant fixtures in polished brass by Lee Broom are simply cool to look at!  They remind me of a pair of earrings a celebrity would wear to the Oscars or somewhere fabulous.  What sculpture…what form…!



And what can I say about these bubble fixtures….Fabulous…so whimsical and fun!

Home Grown Design

Wall mounted fixtures like sconces and swing arm lamps are a functional alternative when table top space is limited.

Shades of light

Troy Lighting

 Here these swing arm lamps give ample light when needed for reading and free up valuable space on the bedside tables.


Swing Arm Bedside Lamps

I love how the lights in this barn door headboard were mounted through the wood instead of the wall!

Home Stories A to Z

Michael McHale Designs
When I went to the Architectural Digest Home Show earlier this year I was mesmerized by the lighting creations of Michael MacHale Designs.  His use of industrial elements combined with the glitz and glamour of crystal accents contrast beautifully. It makes me think of a song by Stevie Nicks years ago called "Leather and Lace" does anyone remember that song?

Creative Design Group

The use of pendant lights in interiors give not only task lighting were you need it but also help to create a focal point and add visual interest and movement in a space.

Blackband Design

My table lamp favorites are this one by Wildwood Lamps called "Coral Colony," 
I love the contrast of brass and lucite base and the sculptural quality it has.
Coral Colony by Wildwood Lamps


This lamp by Pier 1 Imports called "Oceans Mosaic" is covered in beautiful and lustrous mosaic tiles.


Pier 1 Imports


I could go on and on showing you my favorite finds.  Lighting is one of the most exciting elements I use in rooms I design to integrate style and function into the design.  For more great lighting finds visit my Pintrest board, Lighting!


Thanks for visiting the blog today! If you have any comments or questions please, I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment