Sunday, October 25, 2015

Designer Showhouse 2015-Fairfield, CT

Sharing My Favorites From This Fabulous Show- Part One




I had the opportunity to visit the Designer Showhouse in Fairfield, CT yesterday, and what a treat it was!  On this beautiful fall day, I arrived a bit early and was greeted by the friendly staff and a wide open door at this 1834 historic home!  The home serves as the rectory for St Pauls Church and recently underwent some much needed renovations.  Although on the outside, little changes were made to the Victorian Gothic facade, the inside was transformed by many talented designers from NY and CT into a showplace of style, comfort with a bit f drama.  The show house proceeds benefit St. Pauls Episcopal Church and Operation Hope of Fairfield, both serving the community of Fairfield and beyond.

As a designer, I've visited many showhomes over the years and although, I have never had the opportunity to participate, I do understand and appreciate the work and dedication that goes into an event such as this.  Showhouses not only a great way for organizations to raise funds, they are also a stage for well known as well as upcoming designers to showcase their work.  The attendees also benefit by getting ideas and inspiration for their own homes.  Most all the furniture and accessories are available for purchase as well.  It's a win win for all!  If you want to see this show house, act fast because Sunday, October 25th is the last day of the show! You can get information on hours and directions in the link above.

I took lots of photos and want to share some of my personal favorites with you now in a this, part one of two posts.  There were so many great details I want to share, I thought it would be best showcased as two.  The grand entrance hall that spans from the front door through the house, with a view of the back patio, was the perfect greeting!  The coffered ceiling is original to house, however was painted a glossy white to brighten up the hall.


The Grand Entrance Hall By Sage Design

The library By Christina Murphy and Safavieh



After touring the home once, I took another walk through to see what rooms spoke to my personal and  varied design style.  It was very hard to choose, however I believe the Living Room by Pavarini Design is my favorite!  The soft color palette and interesting textures make this room feel very welcoming.  The walls are a done in a faux suede wall covering by Kravet and the ceiling border was done in a faux paint technique that imitates the wall treatment perfectly!  I couldn't tell whether it was wall paper or paint. And that fabulous rug…..!

Living Room By Pavarini Design NY

Living Room

Fabric Detail

Wool Rug by Stark





Ceiling Detail
 My next favorite room is the guest bedroom found upstairs, designed by Carey Karlen of Last Detail Design.  I was drawn into the room by its soft gray color palette and bold bed ensemble!  The Farrow and Ball wall color is, Mole's Breath, and contrasts nicely with the crisp white trim.  I especially love the pen and ink drawings by artist, Joan Cone, of some of the historic building on the green in Fairfield.
Many of the furnishings and accessories throughout the showhouse are from the Wakefield Design Center, located in Stamford, a popular resource for interior designers in CT.


Guest Bedroom
Custom Pen and Ink Drawings



Chair Detail

Settee, Vangaurd Furniture
Bedside Tables, Bungalow 4
Bedding and Headboard, Serena and Lily

I have many more favorites to show and tell you about, however, time is limited by my work schedule and family life, so stop back next week for part two!  Please note, Sunday, October 25th is the last day of the show, so don't delay, spend the afternoon touring this fabulous home!


Thank you for stopping by the blog today.  If you have any questions or comments, please reply or send me an e-mail.

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment