Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Transformation Tuesday-Cabinet Stencil Reveal

stencils

Stenciling-The Ultimate Solution



A few weeks ago we worked on refacing our kitchen cabinets with the leftover bead board from the ceiling project.  Although there is still more work to be done on the lower cabinets, the uppers are done!  After giving the cabinets a fresh coat of Benjamin Moore Simply White OC 117 inside and out, I decided that that the interior of the glass front cabinets needed a little something to enhance the white dishes I collect.  After considering many different options like wall paper, fabric and paint, all of which didn't give me the color selection I needed, I decided that to get the right color, I needed to paint my own pattern. Stencils are a perfect solution because you can select the paint color you want. 


I was looking for a soft pattern and color that would not be too busy with all the other elements in the room.   I selected a small arabesque pattern that has a fresh contemporary look. After trying an earthy green color that I have in the tile backsplash, I decided it was a little too much color and too much contrast.
the wall color, Carrington Beige, seamed to be the right choice. 


Stencil

stencil project

stencil

stencil

The great part about stencils and paint is that if you don't like the result simply paint over it and try something else!



Stencil Project



stencil



stencil project

stencil project


stencil project

stencils



stencils


I am happy with the result, and as my hubby says
" if you're happy, I'm happy!"
The soft paint color highlights the dished nicely without overpowering the dish displays.

Now it's on the next phase of this, "kitchen makeover on a budget, the countertops and flooring...stay tuned!

Do you have a transformation you'd like to share?  If so e-mail me photos for a feature on "Transformation Tuesday"

Until next time!
Tina!


No comments:

Post a Comment